The ENE staff survey includes items adapted from several sources.
- American Institutes for Research. (AIR), (2016). The study of deeper learning: Opportunities and outcomes [Survey instrument]. https://www.air.org/sites/default/file/Deeper_Learning_Teacher_508.pdf
- Bandura, A. (2006). Guide for constructing self-efficacy scales. In F. Pajares & T. Urdan (Eds.), Self-efficacy beliefs of adolescents (pp. 307-337). Charlotte, NC: Information Age.
- Consortium on Chicago School Research. (CCSR), (1999, 2007, 2009, 2011). My voice, my school: Student and teacher surveys. http://ccsr.uchicago.edu/content/page.php?cat=4&content_id=25
- California Department of Education. (CHKS), (2017-2018). California healthy kids survey. http://cusd-ca.schoolloop.com/file/1218238651150/1218679748465/2435729301067338411.pdf
- Center for Research on the Context of Teaching. (CRC), (2010, spring). New visions for public schools: Teacher survey. http://web.stanford.edu/group/suse-crc/cgi-bin/drupal/sites/default/files/survey/SAM-survey2010.pdf
- Rowan, B., & Miller, R. J. (2009). SII Multi-component survey data files user’s guide. Ann Arbor, MI: Consortium for Policy Research in Education.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. (TALIS), (YEAR). Teaching and learning international survey. http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/16/14/47788250.pdf
|Staff-leadership trust||Adapted from CCSR Teacher-Principal Trust. One item adapted from EDSCLS instructional staff school climate survey.|
|Additional item related to staff-leadership trust||Adapted from CCSR Teacher-Principal Trust.|
|Collective responsibility||Adapted in part from CCSR (includes two original items).|
|Staff collegiality||Adapted from CCSR and CHKS.|
|Additional items related to staff collegiality||Adapted from CCSR.|
|Academic press||Adapted from AIR, drawing on items from SII and TALIS.|
|Personalization||Adapted in part from AIR drawing on items from TALIS (includes two original items).|
|Positive discipline||One item adapted from CCSR.|
|Student choice and voice||One item adapted from CCSR.|
|Self-efficacy in fostering student growth mindsets||Adapted from Bandura.|
|Self-efficacy in maintaining expectations for students||Adapted from CCSR.|
|Additional items related to instructional leadership||Adapted from CCSR Program Coherence.|
|Postsecondary transition preparation||Adapted from AIR, drawing on items from CRC and CCSR.|
|Additional items related to postsecondary transition prep||Adapted from AIR, drawing on items from CRC (includes three original items).|
|Assignment demand: rigor||Adapted from CCSR.|